One of the ways we can be more “GREEN” is to re-envision the spaces we already have. Doing so can produce dramatic results not only aesthetically but also by increasing layout and energy efficiency, resulting in both short and long-term savings.
Some of the green projects we have worked on include:
- Replacing outdated windows with new energy-efficient, more aesthetically pleasing windows that can dramatically change the feel of any room – and save money.
- Bringing natural light into interior spaces with solar light tubes.
- Re-Sourcing and Re-Cycling of old materials removed during remodel or deconstruction
- Choosing environmentally-friendly materials for interior and exterior renovations.
- Designing recycling stations that make it convenient to sort and store paper, containers, and compostables.
- Including solar energy systems in remodels and new construction to help offset your carbon footprint
Here are some links to various suppliers of green and energy-efficient products & general environmentally-friendly information:
- Solatube daylighting systems
- Pella windows and doors
- ZeroFootprint Calculator
- Live Roof
- Shiva Deconstruction Company, LLC for deconstruction & demolition
- Boulder’s ReSource Yard for recycled building materials
- Boulder Country BuildSmart Program
- Lightly Treading for energy efficiency & comfort audits
- SolSource, Inc. for solar energy solutions
- Boulder Green Building Guild for information on green resources and events
- Center for ReSource Conservation